Time to visit a place: 120 phút
Open Time: 7:00 AM -
Close Time: 6:00 PM
Address: Nằm trên đồi Khau Cả, tổ 8 Phường Tô Hiệu, Thành phố Sơn La, Tỉnh Sơn La
Son La prison was built by the French colonists in 1908 with an area of 1,217m2, classified as provincial jail. In 1930, it was extended 797m2, a total area of 2,014m2 after two expansions. From 1930 to 1945, thousands of Vietnamese patriotic were detained in this place; they had turned the empire prison into a revolutionary school, giving training to loyal revolutionary soldiers such as Mr. To Hieu, Mr. Le Duc Tho, Mr. Tran Dang Ninh, Mr. Nguyen Luong Bang, Mr. Truong Chinh, etc.
The relic was ranked as national relic by the Ministry of Culture - Information in 1962 and ranked as special national relic in 2014 by Prime Minister.